'Held by the everlasting arms of Eternal Peace.'
I said to the man who stood at the golden gate, 'Give me a light that I might tread safely into the darkness of the unknown.' He replied, 'Go into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God. That shall be to you better than light and safer than a known way.' Anon.
What is Dying?
A ship sails and I stand watching until she fades on the horizon and someone at my side says, 'She is gone.' Gone where? Gone from my sight, that is all, she is just as large as when I saw her. The diminished size and total loss of sight is within me, not in her and just at that moment when someone says at my side, 'She is gone,' there are others who are watching her coming and other voices take up a glad shout, 'Here she comes!' - and that is dying.
Prayer of an Indian Thinker.
Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless in facing them.
Let me not pray for the stilling of my pain but for my heart to conquer it.
'It was with great regret and sadness that I have heard the very sad news about the passing of your husband and right hand man. How very, very much you must miss him. I'm sure that the very stern stuff you are made of will help you to pick up the reins and with the help of the Lord, carry on all your good works.'
UNCLE RICHARD (my Godfather) 1916 -1995 Service 20.12.95
- When a day is done and a figure turns and says a last goodbye
- Although they cannot understand that they must go, or why
- But as they leave our sorrow and our sad tears far behind
- They move ahead to seek the peace that every soul must find
- For now they sail a ship upon a different sea
- A voyage filled with love and hope and new discovery
- And may the journey bring them to a distant lighted shore
- They'll be greeted by the outstretched arms of those who've gone before
- And people they have known and loved and voices from the past
- Will be singing out the welcome news that they are Home at Last.
- Love and Law are basic human values.
- Love as Thought - is Truth.
- Love as Action - is Right Conduct.
- Love as Understanding - is Peace.
- Love as Feeling - is Non-violence.
- All people must share in this precious heritage of Selfless, Universal Love
- and develop it by practice in daily life.
I offer myself in service to the Lord to be used as a channel for Healing and as such expect nothing other than the inner peace of knowing that I have tried to help a fellow traveller on the Pathway of Life.
'Nothing New Under the Sun'
- The cure of a part should not be attempted without treatment of the whole. No attempt should be made to cure the body without the soul, and therefore, if the head and body are to be healthy, you must begin by curing the mind. That is the first thing. Let no one persuade you to cure the head until he has first given you his soul to be cured. This is the great error of our day, in the treatment of the human body, that the physicians first seperate the soul from the body.
- Plato (428 - 348 BC)
- 'Be careful of the words you say, so keep them soft and sweet.
- You never know from day to day which ones you'll have eat.' via Olive Simons.