A tribute to the various airfield sites and other important
locations, towns and villages in the New Forest and surrounding countryside.
East Boldre, Brockenhurst, Beaulieu Airfield, Village & River, Exbury, Boldre Church, Calshot & Hythe, Lepe, Needs Ore Point, Lymington, Sway, New Milton, Christchurch, Holmsley South, Hum, Bransgore, Winkton, Sopley, Bisterne, Ibsley, Tarrant Rushton, Stoney Cross and Lyndhurst.
- From the Air, Ground and Sea, this video takes you over the Wartime Airfields, Advance Landing Grounds
- and many other intriguing locations that were situated in or near the New Forest.
- Imagine those first flights with the
- New Forest Flying School at East Boldre in 1910.
- Bombers from Beaulieu Airfield. HMS Hood and BoldreChurch.
- Secret Agents trained at Beaulieu. Activities on Beaulieu River
- Flying Boats and Powerboats at Calshot & Hythe
- Mulberries and PLUTO at Lepe.
- Typhoons at Needs Oar Point ALG.
- Thunderbolts from Lymington ALG. Bombing of the town
- Aeroplanes at Sway.
- In the Thick of It during the bombing of New Milton
- Crashes at Christchurch Airfield
- By train to The Heavies at Holmsley South. (Brief pause.)
- From Hurn to Bournemouth International Airport.
- Fighters at Winkton ALG. Radar at Sopley
- Thunderbolts at Bisterne ALG.
- 'First of the Few' from Ibsley Airfield
- Gliders and activities at Tarrant Rushton
- The Runways of Stoney Cross.
- Life at Lyndhurst.
- There is very little in the way of original film footage available that was taken in the New Forest, because of the photographic restrictions and shortage of celluloid film. However, there are a number of remarkable photographs that have emerged, which combined with film of our beautiful New Forest, make this video an intriguing and historical record of life as it was then and is now, in this enchanting part of the country.
© PATRICK KEMPE 1995